Followers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful Hearts Blog Hop

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays which always seems rushed! Rush to get the turkey and all of the fixin's. Rush to make out your Black Friday Shopping List and then rush everyone home to go do your shopping. Rush to have dinner done either before the football games or during halftime. Rush to visit family and friends. Rush to Eat and Eat and Eat! And when all is said and done and the rush is over - you might say "I'm grateful just to sit down and relax"!

Well, this year is different, it's time to sit back, take it easy without the rush. With Thanksgiving being one of our favorite holidays, it is a time to be thankful, reflectful, and to have a thankful heart. Sasha, Lynne's 6 year old granddaughter, has a heart shaped box which was conceived from a cartoon character that she watches,  Kai-lan. Kai-lan is a Chinese girl that wears a heart-shaped box around her neck and fills it with things that makes her heart happy.

We want to share "what makes our heart happy" and thankful through either cards and/or layouts. It is time to reflect and remember that the first Thanksgiving was celebrated to give thanks to God for a bountiful Harvest. Our Harvest is our lives. We are expressing our Thanks from our hearts to God and the people who have come into our lives whether they be family or friends.

We do have some blog candy to offer to help you finish your fall projects just in time to start your holiday projects which include self-stick gems, stick pin, Candi foam pads, and a Family Scrapbook Kit along with a paper mache heart for you to decorate to hold the things that make your heart "happy"! To be eligible for the blog candy, please leave a comment on each of the participants of what you're thankful for or what makes your heart "happy". 


Here's the line-up for you as we don't want you to get lost along the way as I'm sure all the bread crumbs are being used for "stuffing" . . .

  1. Lynne  - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  2. Susan  - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
  3. Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com
  4. Shawnee - http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com/
  5. Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
  6. Anita-  http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
  7. Kari - http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/

I have so much to be thankful for that I cannot even begin to list it. Thanksgiving is a very special time in our family. If I had to pick one thing to be thankful for it would be my amazing family. You cannot pick your family and they make us a little nuts at times but I would not trade them in for the world. Since we have special Thanksgiving dinners I decided to make this card for my Aunt who is the most amazing Hostess.This is a swinging card that I made while chatting with the fabulous Miss Lynne of Her Craftiness. She offered creative input and I love how the card came out. Here it is closed :)
And here it is open :)

The turkey is from Simply Charmed, the card base and patterned paper scalloped circles are from Elegant Edges and the "Thanksgiving" is from Designer Calendar. My Cricit really got a workout! The card base paper is Tim Holtz Recollections paper and the pattern paper is scrap from my stash. I punched the little circles with my Stampin' Up Punch. The brad holding it all together is Stampin' Up also. I am so glad you stopped by and I am oh so thankful for all my followers. Once we reach 400 followers there will be a gift card giveaway. So please ensure you are a follower and leave a comment. Now onto your next stop, the AMAZING Miss Amy. Until next time....

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sue!
    Your card is cute and I can see making these for my grandchildren! Happy Thanksgiving and I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends in cyber space!! Love you all!!



    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and its even more amazing than when we were crafting!! I am sew thankful for the internet to have met a friend such as you!!!
    Hugs and Love
    Your crafting buddy
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your turkey---I've used him several times.Thanks for letting me participate.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!! What a cute card!!! I have not seen that before and you did a wonderful job!! Made me smile and I think your aunt is going to LOVE it!]

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your turkey is very cute!!! I am so happy for family ,,and that i am able to do the things i love .... Happy Thanksgiving
    :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and it makes me smile and laugh...how ardorable! :) TFS and being in the hop with us today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! What a neat take on a card. I love it. Jearise in Lorby's World.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Susan, I enjoyed coming by your blog today. I love your swing card! It is adorable! It made me laugh to see the turkey upside down once it was opened. I love this concept. I am glad you showed it both open and closed. I'll have to try this. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I am gonna have to make me one.

    VinDeeLoo
    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com
    vindeeloosthisnthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You card is SO FUN!!! I love the swing motion. Mr. Turkey is cute too. TFS!!! Scrappy hugs to you my friend.

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is very cute! I am thankful first for my family, they are the greatest and then my health.

    plese.cathy@yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am thankful for my kids-they are super helpers
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is super CUTE!!! Love how it opens, so pretty :-) tfs!

    I am so Thankful for my family and friends they are the most important things in my life :-)

    -Samantha :-)
    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Just luv it! Following via GFC! Thanx~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.