Followers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nicole's FIERCE, FABULOUS AND FORTY Blog Hop

Welcome all to Nicole's FIERCE, FABULOUS AND FORTY Blog Hop. There are so many talented ladies joining the party. The wonderful women in this hop were asked to make anything related to the theme - cards, banners, scrap layouts, posters, bulletin boards, magnets, crafty knick-knacks, bookmarks, home decor and accents and so on and so on .

Now let's get on with the festivities! If you came from Lynda's blog then you are on the right track. If you want to start from the beginning, please hop on over to Nicole's Blog (http://crashingcreatively.blogspot.com/). Here is the complete hopping list just in case you get lost:

5. Susan: http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/ <-- YOU ARE HERE

Nicole is such a special person that I am blessed to call my friend. She gives so much of herself that she doesn't get one present but two (really three if you count the girls lunch that we are going to schedule). It would not be me of I did not make something funny and something serious. I think I will start with the serious one. Nicole loves to have pics around of her family so I decided to make her an altered picture frame. I had pictured this in my head for months and now here it is:
She can remove the happy birthday and put a picture in it. I stamped the sentiment with my Stampin' Up stamps which I colored with my Stampin' Up markers. I used a sticker on top of a paper flower that I inked the edge. The paper on the frame is from Recollections.

The second project is a gag gift of sorts. It started as a challenge from my friend Cardmonkey. She gave me two candy tubes and challenged me to make something with them. I saw projects with Reindeer food and Snowman poop. Well, this McDonald's Smurf toy and the commercial for the Smurf movie brought about "Smurf Poop". They are actually chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Here it is:
I hope that you enjoyed your visit and that you stop by Nicole's blog to wish her a very Happy Birthday! Now onto your next stop; GINA.

16 comments:

  1. I like the bright print of the frame. It's very nice but I have to say the Smurf poop made me laugh. I'm sure she will love both of these. Jearise in Lorby's World at jearise at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frame but that smurf is so funny!! My son and daughter in law are both managers at a McDonald's and I think I have that smurf somewhere here. I know what they are going to get in their stocking...lol. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Z
    scrappinwithz@hotmail.com
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frame is so cute, love the flower. But how creative and funny you are coming up with Smurf poop. I lved watching the Smurf cartoons when I was a lid. TFS
    TTFN from a follower. dpookybear at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Birthday card. I dont see the post for the hop for Jens Stamps?? Your blog is on the list?
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  5. That frame is so pretty! I am obsessed with all things zebra! The smurf tube is hilarious!

    xxsquigglesxx(At)Gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love a good challenge for making something out of a discard! lol
    Great frame!
    Thanks for sharing, Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects but the smurf is my fav. Lol I am also a serius and funny card giver.
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The smurf project is soooooooooo cute,, and i must tell you that i totally love that frame :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is going to Love her Presents! That Smurf made me laugh. Thanks for Sharing! :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both projects. The frame is super cute and I love the smurf lol. Nice being in the hop with you.
    Ashley
    theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the frame with the paper but the Smurf poop takes the cake!!!
    You are one talented friend!!
    Hugs and Love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The frame is very pretty . The smurf poop is a riot! What a great and fun idea!
    Barbara B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the frame! The multi colored flower is great! Thanks for sharing!!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahahah, give a girl an empty tube and she fills it with Smurf poop! LOL .. you're too funny. Love it, girlfriend. A very good job with the challenge!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful frame!!! love that flower :-) TFS!!!

    -Sam :-)
    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.