Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Guest Designer Day: Lori Apgar of Scrappin' My Stress Away

Good morning all :) Do I have a treat for you! Today's Guest Designer is is Lori of Scrappin' My Stress Away. I had admired her blog for quite awhile. We have been in hops together and am glad that she agreed to be here today. With no further adieu, here's Lori.....
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Lori here from Scrappin' My Stress Away.  Today is my day to show a "Few of My Favorite Things" at Susanna's Blog.  I am excited to Guest Design today!  We recently went to Florida and stopped at Ron Jon Surf Shop before heading to Cocoa Beach.  I snapped a couple of pictures of my boys on the surfboard bench in the front of the store.

I also used this sketch from Frosted Designs for their Sketch Challenge.

I found these images from Life Is A Beach. 
I used the surf board border along the bottom of the page. I welded 3 of them together at 3.90w x .96h each.  I cut out the Hang Loose hand at 3.10w x 1.94h.  I cut out the Surf's up phrase twice at 3.02w x 2.76h, once in blue and once in yellow.


I trimmed off the yellow "surf's up" and adhered the surfboard to the blue layer.  My cuts were just floating on my layout, so I found a shape to layer under my photo mats.


This cut is from Art Philosophy.  I cut it out in orange cardstock.
I wanted to add some water to my surfboard border, so I used my new 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon in Baby Boy.
I added some Glossy Accents to my surfboard.  I also inked my Hang Loose hand with vintage ink.
Here is a close up of my Glossy Accents.
I added a little ribbon at the top, some staples, a pair of board shorts and a metal clip.  And here you have a Few of My Favorite Things.....my boys!!

Thank you so much Susana for inviting me over today!!
--
Lori~
www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com


Check out Above Rubies Studios for Cricut and Gypsy products!
http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/ap/135.html
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Thanks Lori for being a guest designer today. Please stop by Lori's blog and show her some bloggie love. Until tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.