Followers

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Good morning all and welcome to the The Glamorous Side of Scrapping "Anything but a Card" blog hop. There are very talented ladies in this hop so you don't want to miss a thing! If you came from Christel's blog then you are on the right track. If you came to my blog straightaway then you may want to start at the beginning with Ashley. Here is the total lineup just in case you get lost:


Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/ <-- YOU ARE HERE
Lynda - http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/ <-- NEXT STOP

For this hop I made two projects. I have been in a really festive mood lately since the holidays are fast approaching. Here is project #1:
What is so funny about this one is that it started as a challenge from my friend Ellen (aka Cardmonkey). She game me two candy tubes and challenged me to do something with them. Well, I used one here and one for my friend Nicole's Fierce, Fabulous and Forty Blog Hop (see that post HERE). The tag is a stamp set from Stampin' Up called Tag Alongs. I colored the stamp with my Crayola markers and stamped away. I tried to get mini M&M's but they did not have any. I tried Almond Joy pieces and they did not fit so I tool my Candi paper buttons I received from a friend and filled the tube. Necessity is the mother of invention as they say.

For my second project, I used the same stamp set and made some gift tags. There are some new babies here and there are always birthdays and anniversaries. So I used my Stampin' Up markers and colored the stamps. I used my Stampin' Up punches to round or punch the corners.
Thanks to Ashley for having me and now I send you off to Lynda. Until next time....

27 comments:

  1. great use of the tubes. i get them every year and never know what to do with them. thanks for the inspiration. i love your cute lil tags too..


    craftingwithblue @gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!! I love what you did with the candy tube ... I knew you'd enjoy that challenge! I participated in my challenge too -- I think next week I may post my results. Do you mind if I lift a picture of yours too? That was so much fun, I may have to issue more tubes to others and make it a LinkUp, what do you think? And buttons! Better than candy any day, to us scrappers! Hugs.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable projects my dear friend -- great use for the "Candies"!!!! I love your creativity!!!! As always, a pleasure participating in the same hops!
    Hugs and Love
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tube, that is so clever with the candy kiss but i wouldnt be able to attach them. they would be "gone" lol. I am a new follower.
    Veronica from western NY
    familyofscrappers2004@yahoo.com
    artfulcreations1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute projects!! Love the candy tube!!

    Glad to be a part of the hop with you...

    Hugs,
    Leslie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan - such cute tags, and I've become a follower of your blog.
    ♥ Sandi
    afunnyladynj at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for this hop! Love the tags and the tube!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the candy tube. Love the tags too. I'm a follower.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love both projects,,,,, very very cute :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you in a Feisty Mood! Love your Projects! I need to get me some of those Tubes. Thanks for Sharing!
    I'm already a follower of yours. :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you made two projects. The test tube is adorable. I love that penguin stamp. I'm slowly getting in the holiday mood, guess I should get a move on. The tags are a perfect thing to have on hand, can never have too many of them. And it's great that you don't have to spend the money from a Hallmark or another gifting store, you can custom make them which I love. Thank you for joining me today :).
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Creative thinking!TFS!
    Hugs, Lina

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO cute!! Love the big kiss up there! :)
    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I get to be the first to comment here. I just love this. Its is so stinkin cute, and did I say I LOVE it!!! I will have to make some of these for my nieces and nephews. Great creativity. Thank you for keeping me inspired. Happy Holidays!

    Rhonda
    romanticnsmfd@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sue, your tube is tuber-iffic!! I guess being challenged really worked for you!! Thanks for sharing the fun tags as well.
    Creative wishes,
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your projects for this hop...super adorable!!!

    TFS
    xoxo,
    Liz
    beautydecade@gmail.com
    decadeofscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun tags and cute button holder!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are very creative. I love what you did with the candy tube!

    The tags are darling. I love how they are not the typical tags in that they have various finishes on the edges. Great job!

    TFS!!! Scrappy hugs.

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
    askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tags and love the candy tube...yummy!

    www.inspired-by-scrapping.blogspot.com
    Love blog hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's getting creative. Love it! The tags are very cute and a must to have in case a birthday springs up. Jearise in Lorby's World at jearise at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute and creative projects!I'm a new follower to your blog. Here's my contact info, just in case you need/want it: PatsHandCraftedTreasures@hotmail.com.
    Thanks for sharing your great projects and nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute tags and I absolutely love your tubes!! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Z
    scrappinwithz@hotmail.com
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job altering candy tubes. TFS
    Hugs,
    Misty♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow both projects are wonderful. Love the tube and the gift card tags. TFS
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute tags and great job on the challenge of altering that candy tube, tfs...Kim (kim.scrapper@yahoo.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of you projects are super! Love the creativity. Thanks for sharing your projects with us all.
    Lisa
    honeybearz designs
    honeybearz2007@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.