Followers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Guest Designer: Janet Smith

Hello all. I am so lucky to have such amazingly talented Facebook buddies! Janet was a part of my birthday blog hop and I am so glad that she decided to be a part of my Guest Designer series. You are not going to believe her post! So without delay, here we go.....


"Hello everyone, I am thrilled and honored to be Sue’s Guest Designer today. My first foray into card making was over 35 years ago when my daughter was a baby, I had no money and a stack of construction paper and a copy of a McCall’s Craft Magazine for that winter season. The patterns were called “Scherenschnitte”  a Scandinavian technique. They were very intricate, delicate and beautiful. They also took a very long time to craft. Card making went on the back burner for many years and then along came my computer and graphic program and my interest was renewed for a brief time. A few more years passed and I started receiving hand made cards from my dear sister-in-law and a new interest was born. Enter my cricut. a bit of a learning curve, the internet  and here we are!


My project for today is a “Folded Star Card”. I came across this card by pure accident  while surfing the net. There a few sites that feature this card with details on how to cut and construct it.   The most helpful site I found was http://mariannespapir.blogspot.com/2011/03/tre-bretteprosjekter.html and this video on YOU TUBE http://youtu.be/KB92GQ0FCb0


Here is my finished card. Hope you like it and are both intrigued and inspired to create one of your own! This is what it looks like folded
 


and here it is opened.



My biggest challenges in creating this card were getting the measurements accurate and embellishing. I am not big on bling and tend to be very conservative ( less is more philosophy) I worry about over doing it. Over all I like how it turned out. I am going to try it in different sizes and play with the design a bit more.


Supplies
“Art Philosophy” cartridge for the sentiment mat and the leaves.
Martha Stewart punch  for the flowers  
A fall leaves spay acrylic stamp
  My Creative Time stamp sets ” Many Greetings” and ” Mom you rock” for the sentiment.
 Cream colored 12 x 12 card stock
2 coordinating sheets of pattern paper
8.5 x 11 off white cardstock
Scraps of black, gold and burnt orange cardstock.
Memento black ink and gold stickles


I hope you enjoyed my presentation
Thanks again to Sue for inviting me to be her guest designer for today.
Big Blog Hugs Janet"


Thanks Janet for this wonderful card. I definitely need to learn to make one! Please stop by Janet's blog to give her a shout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.