Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guest Designer Day: Welcome Lori Johnson Apgar

Hidey ho all :) It is another Guest Designer Day at Susana's Scrappin' Corner. I have to say that I have the most talented cyber friends! Lori graciously agreed to be guest designer today and what a treat she has for you. So may I introduce you to Lori of Scrappin' My Stress Away (isn't that the most awesome name!):

Hi this is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway!  I am honored to be a guest designer today for Susan at Susana's Scrappin Corner.  I first met Susan during her birthday blog hop!!  I have been in a composition book altering mood lately and decided to make a Witch one!!!

I started out with a blank book that I found at Target.  Right now they are on clearance!!
I took 2 matching Halloween papers and traced the front and back covers on them and cut them out.
I used my ATG gun to adhere the paper to the front and back.
I smoothed out the paper with my hand.
I used my new Martha Stewart punch to create this spiderweb border strip.  I am loving this punch!
After the first punch, you just line up the pieces on the side and punch again.

I cut a strip of orange paper and wrapped the spider webs around the ends and glued them down.
Then I glued down the orange strip to the side of the cover.
I got out my Gypsy and found this witch and saying on Happy Hauntings.  I cut them out in black cardstock.
I always save the negative paper to use as a template.
Here are the cuts.  I run the words through my Xyron to make them sticky.
Then I put the negative piece down where I want my cuts to go.
I put the words in one at a time.
I slowly pull away the paper.
I glued down the witch and put a little purple stickles on the brim of her hat.
A little black and white twine finish the cover.
Thanks for having me over to play today Susan!!!
--
Lori~
www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com


Thanks Laurie for playing with us today. I can totally see making one of these for Christmas too! I appreciate you giving your time and talents. Please hop over to Lori's blog and show her some bloggie love.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Thanks for the step by step instructions. I will have to remember the tip about using the negative to line things up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It Lori!!! Loved the Step by Step Instructions. Thanks for Sharing! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.