Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Theme Song Challenge....

My friend Lynne of Her Craftiness posted a challenge and asked for our participation. I was a bit reluctant and let me tell you why. Once I had a friend tell me, "You are like a clown. You put on a brave face and never let anyone see you are hurting." Well, that was true. At times I still do that. I would rather carry the burden myself and not burden anyone else as they have their own problems. Well, people are placed in your life to stretch and help you grow as a person. So I sat and thought about what my theme song would be. Survivor was already taken so I chose Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful". I had self esteem issues as a kid and was very shy. I was bullied in elementary school being called Rover, Four eyes, Fatso, etc. In high school I adopted this bravado as a means of self preservation. As an adult humor helped deflect lots of uncomfortable situations. 


Now you may think I am having a pity party walking down memory lane. Absolutely not! Everything that I have been through in life has made me the person I am today. And you know what? After 30+ years, I LOVE me. I am beautiful inside and out. On the tag, I chose to put these lyrics:


"I am beautiful no matter what they say,
words can't bring me down.
I am beautiful in every single way..."


I have never put so much thought into a layout and am so glad that I did. If there is anything that I want to come of this challenge, it would be that people educate themselves and their children on the dangers of bullying. Verbal abuse stays with you forever and it's very hard to recover from. So think about the next time you call someone a dummy, fat, ugly, weirdo, stupid, or freak. Everyone deserves to be respected and I hope that this helps just one person. Here is my layout....




Want to know something funny? I don't even look like these pics. I have lost more weight and have cut my hair short. Go figure


I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the the mats of the smaller pictures. The puzzle letters were cut using my Don Juan Cricut Cartridge. The tag was cut with my Tags, Bags Boxes and More cartridge. The flowers were made with Stampin' Up's new flower layer punch. The butterfly and pearl brads were a gift from a friend. The stick on pearls are Stampin Up as well. Papers are Baby Girl/Decor Stripe from Heidi Grace Designs, Pink Medallions from GCD Studios and Stampin Up and white cardstock from my scrap boxes.


Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Katout. You are beautiful in every way!
    Big Blog Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful inside and out and I am very priviledged to have you consider me a friend. don't ever ever forget what a beautiful person you are! Thank you for participating in my challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can surely attest that you are beautiful. Not only for the obvious reason that you are my wife, but because since the first time I laid eyes on you, I was mesmerized and captivated.

    Now today after our years together, I find you to be even more beautiful than day one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO!! I remember being bullied in school because I'm blonde... you know the "dumb blonde". People really should stop to think about others feelings... but unfortunately they very seldom do. I try to teach my daughters to always be respectful of others and I can proudly say, they do. Just last week my 15 year old gave up her homecoming t-shirt for school to one of her friends who didn't have the money to get one. Of course, It made me cry and I had to get her another for being so sweet and unselfish.

    Hugs, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.