Followers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Loved By God Faith Blog Hop: Day 3

Welcome to the Loved by God Faith Blog Hop!  We are so blessed to have you be a part of it.  If you arrived from Jessie’s blog you are in the right place.  If you just happened to have landed here, go on over to www.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com so that you can catch the beginning of the hop.  In case you get lost along the way, here is the entire lineup:


I have noticed that since we were pretty much created we have an innate need to be loved and desired.  There is such a longing in our souls to be called beautiful, adorable, precious, accepted, and loved; and many times we find ourselves living lives of beggars, accepting the pennies people are willing to give.  To be loved by man is temporal and it will always leave you thirsty for more.  To be loved by God is to find satisfaction and to never thirst again. 

This month we want to share with you what it has meant for us to have been “Loved by God”.  Every Brave and Precious woman participating in this hop has a beautiful story of how God has shown His love to them in a very personal way.  We invite you to hop around and discover the AMAZING ways the Lord chooses to love us, even when we do not deserve it.

The Bible says that there is no greater love than that from one who dies for his friend…  and God loves you so much that He sent His only Son to die for you.  Take a minute and listen to this song:





Our prayer is that the Lord would open your eyes so that you too can see how God has loved you.


Here is how He has chosen to show me His love:


Welcome to Day 3! This has been a wonderful time of reflection during the past two days of this hop. This week I was blessed to be able to volunteer at my Church's VBS (vacation bible school). The theme was Pandamania and the bible memory verses came from (you guessed it!) Psalm 139. It is amazing to see how God is working in these young loves (some as young as preschool). I am so happy that God has made me to be a teacher and a helper. This verse of the Psalm has touched me deeply:


"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
   your right hand will hold me fast."

I know that through all the phases of my life, God has been there to gently guide me towards where he needs me to be. Sometimes I go kicking and screaming. Other times I can be still and be like a trusting child. For that I am incredibly grateful. Sometimes we look at the not so good times in our lives as a curse instead of a blessing. It is hard to rejoice and praise during these rough times. I want you to be encouraged in this verse I wish to share:

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man
cannot discover anything about his future."

Ecclesiastes 7:14, New International Version


For this days post I want to share a project that I have done recently. It reflects how the hard times and relationships and life has produced something beautiful:
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-theme-song-challenge.html




We are doing things a bit different this month.  We actually want to have you be a participant with us.  If you feel inspired create a project that reflects what the Lord has shown you, write a poem, or simply post about the Love of God in your blog.  Then go over towww.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com to link up your post.  We would love to see how the Lord works through you. 
For this month alone, there will be no greater gift we can offer you than the love the Lord has awaiting you, so there will be no Grand Prizes.  Still you can be blessed by the beautiful RAKS some of the participants have available. 

Know that we are praying for you and sure hope to see your creations!  Your next stop is the super stupendous Carolyn


Love in Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.