Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Loved By God Faith Blog Hop: Day 1


Welcome to the Loved by God Faith Blog Hop!  We are so blessed to have you be a part of it.  If you arrived from Jessie’s blog you are in the right place.  If you just happened to have landed here, go on over to www.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com so that you can catch the beginning of the hop.  In case you get lost along the way, here is the entire lineup:



Susan: http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/ <-- You are here
Carolyn: http://messmuddleandfun.blogspot.com/ <-- Next stop

I have noticed that since we were pretty much created we have an innate need to be loved and desired.  There is such a longing in our souls to be called beautiful, adorable, precious, accepted, and loved; and many times we find ourselves living lives of beggars, accepting the pennies people are willing to give.  To be loved by man is temporal and it will always leave you thirsty for more.  To be loved by God is to find satisfaction and to never thirst again. 

This month we want to share with you what it has meant for us to have been “Loved by God”.  Every Brave and Precious woman participating in this hop has a beautiful story of how God has shown His love to them in a very personal way.  We invite you to hop around and discover the AMAZING ways the Lord chooses to love us, even when we do not deserve it.

The Bible says that there is no greater love than that from one who dies for his friend…  and God loves you so much that He sent His only Son to die for you.  Take a minute and listen to this song:




Our prayer is that the Lord would open your eyes so that you too can see how God has loved you.


Here is how He has chosen to show me His love:

Thank you for joining me for this months hop. I am a lover of the Psalms and have found great comfort in them during various periods of my life. I must make a confession though. This month I read, meditated and prayed over Psalm 139. I just was not sure what God wanted to say to me through this Psalm. As I was meditating on Psalm 139, it seemed that certain verses stood out to me. So I actually highlighted what spoke to me. The first verse that I highlighted was Psalm 139:13-14:


"13 For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...."


It is ironic (remember that there is no coincidences) that I worked on a challenge layout called "My Theme Song". I am telling you that God has been working on me over the past (almost) 7 years with this. Growing up, I was a tomboy. I never felt pretty, smart, etc. Even when I was thin as a teenager, I did not think I was worthwhile. I had a serious issue with self-image and thought nothing of myself. This permeated my 20's when I began to gain weight and was told things like, "If you get fat, I will leave you." or "You wouldn't be heavy if you would just sew your mouth closed." Well, you can only imagine where this all went. Finally at 35 I took a stand for myself. I began to see myself the way that God sees me. I had to be taken down to a shell of a person to be filled with God's love. I began to believe the words that I would tell my children when they were little; "God doesn't make junk". I learned to love ME and to praise God for all the wonderful things he has put into me to make me who I am today. I truly can say that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made!"

On that note, here is the card that I made. This little blue bird is made with micro beads and his wing is punched out of light blue glitter paper. The card base is a Creative Memories card pack that I purchased at a all day crop. I printed the quote on the computer and then matted it. The papers I used are all from my scrap pile (now that they are all organized ). 


We are doing things a bit different this month.  We actually want to have you be a participant with us.  If you feel inspired create a project that reflects what the Lord has shown you, write a poem, or simply post about the Love of God in your blog.  Then go over towww.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com to link up your post.  We would love to see how the Lord works 
through you.
For this month alone, there will be no greater gift we can offer you than the love the Lord has awaiting you, so there will be no Grand Prizes.  Still you can be blessed by the beautiful RAKS some of the participants have available.  

Know that we are praying for you and sure hope to see your creations!   Your next stop is the FABULOUS Carolyn

Love in Christ,


8 comments:

  1. Very touching story and I absolutly love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! My friend! That truly blessed and inspired me. What a lucky lady I AM to call you my friend. You are so talented, creative, devoted, loyal, beautiful (inside and out), hard-working, and a truly AMAZING woman of God. Well done! :) <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your story! You have no idea how it spoke to my heart! Thank you!
    http://www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glory to God. Love your card Sue.


    Catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
  5. One should be loved in the inside for who they are NOT what the outside appears to be.. The heart is a tender loving thing and it's so sad that another cannot trust in God that this is WHO YOU are.... shame on anyone for not seeing the beautiful Sue.... Doris
    parkernana5@cox.net aka your words with friends player friend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, As I am sure you are too, ALL Gods creations are beautiful.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and posting!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful. I love it. Great choices for embellishments. I love your scripture. Thanks for sharing your words. God bless.

    Christel

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.