Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Purplies Design Team Project 3

Greetings all :)


I had so much fun thinking outside the box for this project. We were challenged to use canvas and I had a 5" x 7" flat canvas. I took Apple Barrel paints and sponged in two different shades of pink (we all know that I love pink and purple). I then turned to my Cricut and tried to find a vase. Well none of them had a vase so I got creative. I used my Cherry Limeade cartridge and used the lemonade cup shadow (I used the gypsy to hide the lemon slice). The flower stalks also were cut using the lower case "l". The flowers were cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge. Here is the finished product:
Doesn't the background remind you of fabric? Well, I have to say that I am quite happy with the result. I have to decide whether or not to add a sentiment at the top but for now I will leave it. Thanks for coming by and please stop by Kari's blog to see what my fellow DT team members made. Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving this my dear friend --- its beautious!!!! Great job fellow purplie!!!
    Hugs and Love
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. U don't have to "canvas" far for a cuteness vote ! LOL Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the colors. So happy to be a purplie with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous, and I love how you've adapted the various cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is awesome. I am always amazed at the creativity people use with different cartridges.

    thanks for sharing!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.