Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

JME Creations Design Team Owl Challenge

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Owl.
Owl who?
The owl who is wearing a purple hat


Okay, I have to admit it was cheesy. I was remarking yesterday to my family that (for someone who has always disliked Halloween) I make the cutest Halloween cards. When given this challenge I was originally going to make  a plain old owl. Then I thought, "Why not make an owl with a Halloween eye mask?" Well, that thought flopped because I did not have a Cricut cartridge with an eye mask. So then I thought, "Since Halloween in coming, why not make him a Wizard (this is after looking at Harry Potter-like digi stamps). So Harry the owl was born! 
The owl is from Create a Critter of course (we know that is my absolutely favorite cartridge). The background paper I had in my stash and I cut the little bats at 3/4" from the Hello Kitty Greetings cart (I hid their faces). I believe the hat is from Mini Monsters as is the Spooky tree. I used my gold gel pen to embellish his hat and silver to outline the tree and give the bats smiles. I have to do cutesy things to like a Halloween card. The pumpkin is from a Jolee's Boutique Dimensional pack (Funny Pumpkins) and I just tore the green paper to make hills and used Ranger Ink's Silver stickles for ooomph! This was a really fun challenge for me and I hope that you can join in too :) Hop on over to JME Creation's blog to see what everyone else made. Until next time....

8 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this! Not only is the owl super cute, but I love the bats! I think I am developing a thing for bats, LOL! I hop my obsession doesn't last past Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry is adorable ... and so are you! Thank you for sharing. See you in less than 3 weeks!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete
  3. he does look like hes applying to go to hogwarts! too cute!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an adorable little wizard!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a cute little owl wizard! Love your take on this project! Great job!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

    Gunna steal it, k? thnxbye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wizard hat on your owl!! He is so cute. I might have to make my daughter a wizard owl for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is this card?? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.