Followers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Not so Smiley Condolence card.....

This weekend I learned of the loss one of our family members has suffered. Her Dad passed away :( I wanted to make a condolence card but did not want it to be mushy on the outside. I got inspired to pull out the my Gypsy and use the Smiley Cards cartridge that I got for free. Here is  what I came up with:
I was not happy with the eyes so I decided he needed googly ones. The cheeks needed texture too so I pulled out the Cuttlebug and my Swiss Dots embossing folder. 
The X & O are also from the same cartridge. Again, it needed some ooomph! So out came the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder and Voila! you have texture. I decided to ink the edges AFTER I glued it to the shadow layer. Silly me! Then I decided that the embossed areas could use some color too. I am sure you have heard the phrase, "Necessity is the mother of invention." Well, since I ended up with a couple of stray marks while coloring, I decided to make some more designs. Doesn't it look like the paper came that way? Maybe I can get a job as a paper designer

This card will be winging it's way across state lines tomorrow. I also started another project but had to stop because we went to the movies (saw Fast Five in IMAX-craaaazzzzzyyyy!). I will have to preview it later in the week. I also need to get my Mother's Day card done too. Lot's to do and not a lot of times to do it. 

Remember to scroll down to the post below and try and guess what type of container I used to make the Hershey Kiss gift holder with. You can win a little present. Well, time to go as it is late. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. This is a really sweet sympathy card, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathy cards are always hard to make,great job! Hugs! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,This is so Sweet!!!! Very Creative TFS :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I may just scrap lift for a few miss you cards for a few people I want to send too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.