Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Thanks a Melon

Okay, this is not the most original Blog line but it is fitting here. My friend Erin (Comfy on my Cloud) lent me her Cricut Preserves cartridge. I was not feeling too ambitious but managed to squeak this one out. I got to use my new Cuttlebug embossing folder on it.



This weekend I also had to prep my Motions and Fold Blog Hop Project. I wanted to post the template I used and a mini supply list for those of you that are able to join us next Saturday.
This template shows you how the papers will be laid down for this simple Iris Paper folding technique. I actually designed all the segments on the Gypsy so it allowed me to cut multiples with ease. If you do not have a Gypsy, don't worry. My original card I will show was made with my paper cutter and an Exacto knife to cut out the center square. Here is what you will need:


* Colored cardstock cut 4" x 5" (approx)
* Light colored patterned paper cut into 4 - 2.5" x 2" strips
* Darker coordinating patterned paper cut into 4 - 2.5" x 2" strips
* Adhesive or Scotch tape (I recommend adhesive)
* 4.25"  x 5.5"Card base in a complimentary color


That is all the info I have for you right now. The blog hop will take place on Saturday, Feb. 26th. You will start the hop here: The Fabulous CardMonkey


Well in the immortal words of Porky Pig, "That's all Folks!" Until next time...


Happy Scrappin'


Sue

5 comments:

  1. Yay! The card is so cute, I'm glad you got to use Preserves cartridge. It has a lot of cute ideas on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card reminds me of summer! I am now a follower! I am having achallenge at my blog if you would lie to join in! Dina arm1997@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love your card. It is just adorable. I am already a follower and look forward to seeing more of your projects along the way. TFS Dee:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.