Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

I may not be a Superhero but I know how to mask

I promised a little creativity this weekend and I will not disappoint. On Saturday, we had our monthly Stampin Up card workshop. Our friend and teacher, Julie, decided to teach us a masking technique (Read about Masking here). We had tried this before with a two step flower stamp but she gave us all new ideas with the Butterfly Prints stamp set (http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=120738). Here is a duplicate of the card that she showed us:

This card used three new colors from Stampin Up (Stampin Up Brights Ink Pads, SU Brights designer buttons (these are AWESOME!) and Versamark for that tone on tone look. Then Julie let us loose to come up with our own designs. Well I came up with these other cards using the masking technique:
The tie dye looking card was done with a sponging technique and the same ink pads used to stamp the butterflies in card #1. I ended up with the green when I had to cover a slight booboo.






















The yellow card was made the new color, the SU brayer (http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=102395), and I used the Decorative Label punch (see it here) to make the mask. The sentiment is from the butterfly stamp set mentioned above. I think this stamp set has a lot of options and can make some wonderful cards. 


You can leave a comment if you have any questions on how to make these cards. I may have to get a brayer to try some other techniques with it. I was seriously hoping that my friend Erin from Comfy on My Cloud (Stop by and show her some blog love) would have posted hers but she must be swamped with her current work project. Well, I am feeling under the weather today, so I am going to end here. Until next time........

Happy Scrappin'

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.