Followers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A very succesful 1st All Day Crop.....

First let me whine minute :D I had a wonderful time at the PS 37 All day crop. It was a school fundraiser that I saw on Facebook. My partner in crime, Erin, and I cropped from 8 AM to 7 PM and it was a very productive day. In between winning little prizes (and breakfast, lunch and dinner) we managed to get a lot done. Here is the 8 page layout and card challenge that were completed. The pictures are not the greatest but they will do for now ....


Here is the title page from our Aquarium trip this summer. The porthole and aquarium die cut are from a company that shall remain nameless. I was very disappointed as the diecut has tears in it. The city name was cut with the Cricut Life's a Beach cartridge. I really like this one and may have to put this one on my have to have list!


Here are the next two 2 page layouts. The paper for the last page is actually Provocraft paper from 1999. Go figure. Here is a closeup. I embellished the paper with fish stickers from Walmart. I called this "in the belly of the whale".


These pics were taken outside of the aquarium. We do not have many pictures of all of us together (hubby is the photographer). For the Title and the arrow I used my Cricut Solutions Stone Script cartridge that I had not opened before. You cannot really tell but the pictures on the bottom of page 2 were two separate shots that I took so they would line up. Who needs a panoramic camera :)


The last but not least layout was made with a Stamping up scrapbook kit called Love Birds Simply Scrapping kit. You get so much in these kits and I always have extra left over. This was a fitting end to these layouts because it is the love of my life who inspires me!


Erin and I worked on cards as well. This week's Scrappy Jak challenge was Black and white. I had to also add a little bit of color to make me happy. This was made using the card feature from Life's a Beach. As I said before, I love this cartridge!


This last one is a card front that I asked Erin to make as a sample for me. She made it in my favorite color of course!


It was a wonderful day but one running on very little sleep. I think that is why I feel so sick today. Duty calls though so I must go to work tomorrow. I hope you all get to experience an all day crop. Next time I plan on being more organized to get more done. Until next time....

Happy Scrappin,

Sue

5 comments:

  1. did you do that last card at the all day crop? Cuz i did that one with you also. Is the scrapping kit from me too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW... the pages came out very nicely... I like the one with the paper on the diagonal

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Julie - the purple card is like the one that you taught us. I never seem to get to make one so Erin made the card front. Can't wait for another class :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Susan. Just got your link off of MOMO FB page. Nice blog and I am now following you. Make sure to stop by my blog http://www.alwayscrafting.com. I have a bi-weekly challenge and this Sunday a fun blog hop, you are sure to see MOMO along the way:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ScrappingStephanie: Thanks for the link and I am following you too :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.