Followers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Purplies Design Team Project: Time for the Green

Top O' the Mornin' to You!


I surely stepped outside my comfort zone today with a little help from my friends.I went to my monthly Stamp group (Hi to the MOCHA gals) and learned a new technique. Thanks to Pam, I was inspired and used it for my project. I bought this little balsam wood trinket box and painted it green with some Apple Barrel craft paint. I took a piece of Ranger/Tim Holtz cardstock and painted it (in a very thin layer) in the same color. I let it dry and then took my Cuddlebug and my D'vine Swirls embossing folder to emboss the painted cardstock. I sponged on the embossed card stock and trimmed it to the size of my top. It needed some oomph so I took out my FAVORITE tool (the Creative Memories border maker system) with my new Scallop Stitch border maker cartridge to make the border for the edge of the box lid. The flowers were cut from my Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die. And thanks to my friend Tina (AKA Craftyand Green), I added the shamrocks and the bling. Here is the end result:




I just love how it turned out! Thanks to all the folks that made this project possible. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Loving your trinket box -- what a great project and idea my friend!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty project!! I love the flowers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute box.
    Great Job
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work. keep sharing with us. I just bookmarked your blog.
    Logo Design Services

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.