Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trifold Shutter Card with Echo Park Paper

Well, I posted on Facebook yesterday that this card took me 5 hours to complete. It was 5 hours but there was lots of family activity mixed in there including dinner. I actually got a bit carried away with the embellishing of this card and that is what took me so long. The easiest part was my paper choice. I used Echo Park's Summer Days paper pack that I won in a blog hop. I am so excited about this paper and need to get my hands on the Holly Jolly Christmas collection. I used a variety of materials for this card including Jolee stickers, Ink It Up Stamp Pads, Stampin Up ink pads, stamps, brads and Markers and other miscellaneous stamps. I am so impressed with how it turned out but it is very labor intensive. I can see where you may want to make a load of these at one time. I have two more new projects that I want to work on but not a whole lot of ambition today. Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest . For now I will leave you with some pics of the card I made and the two sites I used for guidance:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard
http://rainbowkreations.blogspot.com/2009/05/tri-fold-shutter-card-tutorial.html




































Until next time.....


PS - gonna link this one up for Made It Myself Monday's :)

6 comments:

  1. WOW, Sue! This card is awesome! So many details to make it special.

    ~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Terrific job!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,there is an overachieving in every group and I am very pleased and proud to have you as the overachiever in our group --- you must do a tuturial on how to make this card as it is absolutely fantastic!!!!
    Love it my friend
    Hugs and love
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card design! Love the details!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Love how you embellished it.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue
    I love this card it is so cute what a great design. I think it was worth the time you put in it. I do that some times. I found your blog at You Had Me @ Craft blog. I hope you stop by and visit my blog sometime and say Hi! Have a great day.
    http://countryladydesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.