Followers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

God's Promises Blog Hop, Day 1



Welcome to the God's Promises Faith Blog Hop.  If you arrived here from Tammy's blog you are in the right place.  If you just arrived at my blog, you should go to Paper Tree House Studio (www.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com) in order to start at the beginning.  Every month a group of brave women get together to showcase the Glory of God.  This month we want to showcase His faithfulness during trying times, so kick back, relax and let the Lord touch your heart with His Truth! 

Did you know that there are 1260 promises in the Bible?  I did not count them myself, but am blown away by the fact that each and every promise the Lord gives, He is faithful to fulfill.  It is pretty easy to believe this when times are easy and abundance surrounds our lives, but is that the same when trouble hits?

The Bible says that our hearts are deceitful above all things and then it adds WHO CAN TRUST IT? Have you ever considered that maybe the reason why we dont trust God is because we spend more time looking at how big the waves in our lives have become and forget that God created the entire UNIVERSE with just His breath...  Think about it, the Lord spoke the ENTIRE World into existence... the only thing created that was made with His hands was man and woman.  That is why He says that if He provides for the birds and the plants, how much more to His children?  You are precious to the Lord and He will not fail you, even when it feels He might. 

In this hop you will read the stories of women like you that have faced trouble and probably even lacked the faith to believe in the miracle the Lord performed at the very end! Our prayer is that you would open your heart to the Truth found in these promises and that you would even share with us what God has done in your life.  Your victory may become our hope... :)

During the hop you will find many chances to win prizes! All you have to do to be considered for one of those prizes is leave a comment and become a follower of the blogs you will hop through.  For the Grand Prizes , make sure to leave a comment, become a follower, and "LIKE" Paper Tree House on Facebook.  This will allow you to find out about future hops we will be having.  

Here are the brave women that dared to share their stories:
Susan: http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/  <-- YOU ARE HERE
Jennifer E. - www.createoften.blogspot.com  <--- Next stop
Candy - http://sweetstamper.com
ScrappyZeni Pradel --- www.scrappyzeni.blogspot.com

Grand Prizes:

Stamping Things: The Topper Ink Pad Holder (http://www.stampinthings.com/stamp-pad-holder.html)
Paper Tree House Studio: Exclusive PDF file tutorial for Mini-Book Taught at CHA.
K Andrew Stamps: Stamp Set
Tombow: Grand Adhesive Set

God's Fulfilled Promise in my life:

I came to Christ a little later in life than most. Prior to this I had experiences where God's love was evident to me and I knew that I was never alone. Recently we have had an upheaval in our family and I know that it is not the working of God but of the enemy. I was praying as I was so upset that I was having difficulty with the day to day of life. How much should one person have to endure. I knew that I could not handle this on my own and then my answer came, "If you have the faith of a mustard seed..." (Matthew 17:20: "...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move"). Nothing will be impossible for you.”Things may not work out the way that I want them too but they will work out according to God's plan. I am choosing to have faith and believe He has it in under 
control and I will be led for what he has planned for me.


Should you wish to check out some promises on your own, here is a great site: God's Promises


Here is the card that I made for this verse:




Now I will have a giveaway for this hop. It will be the card that was made for today's post. All you need to do is become a follower of this blog and leave a comment. Can't be easier than that .

Thanks for hopping through this faith hop.  Know that we are praying for you and really hope your eyes are opened to the Truth about the Lord's Faithfulness! :)

Now hop on over to Jennifer's blog (http://www.createoften.blogspot.com/). You will love her blog!


Love in Christ,

15 comments:

  1. Great verse Sue!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful verse!! Amen if you have just a little faith it's amazing what God can do. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card and sharing your faith with us.

    Blessings,
    Shawnee
    http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan for your post and words.
    It's true, that if we have the faith of a mustard seed...... Thanks for reminding me that verse again.
    How little is faith sometimes, but even though there is faith.... ;-)

    God bless,


    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were sew many to chose from as to promises and verse but I love yours -- thank you for sharing ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to confess that while I am going through the adversity I am not very happy and then to have God not answer they way I think things should
    upsets me more but then I get excited to see how it works out His way and I realize that God really does know best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. This is a wonderful blog hop to have. I post a devotional on my blog every Monday. I'm thrilled to see other crafters sharing their faith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great verse. new follower here. your card is lovely.
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite Verses! you did a great job on the card!
    kacee
    Im a new follower from youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so needed this today! I struggle daily with having the faith and trust to just give it all, 100%, to God. In my heart its what I want, and what I know is best, but sometimes its hard to get past that stubborness and listen and wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMEN! Your post was uplifting and wonderfully read - He knows our hearts and needs and in His time, not ours, they are delivered! Thanks for sharing tody!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome hop:) Thanks for sharing your testimony. Your card is perfect for today:) I know I could never make it through life without my faith! Thank you too for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. You are so kind. Already following you:)
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com funkycards @ charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful that God accepts us gladly at any age!?! Thanks for your post.

    ~Thanks, Esther
    esthert119(at)yahoo(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I remember going to camp and they gave us a seed to keep to remind us to have faith, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GRacias por permitirnos recordar esta palabra hermosa!! bendiciones Debora

    http://manosurbanasscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are beautiful --- warm hugs, thoughts and prayers my friend

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.