Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It was a great day (except for the rain)

Well, the rain served two purposes today. One to cool us off from the those hellish temps and to give me time to create today. This is my 2nd post for today. While watching a movie with hubby and eldest son, I decided to make the last cards I planned with the Cricut Preserves cartridge. I had an interesting experience with it. First, I cut out 3 strawberries. Upon trying to draw seeds on one, it looked demented. Thank goodness I had one extra apple laying around. Here are the results:


I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More for the card base and scraps to make the fruits.


I then decided to use the Card feature to make an apple card. Well, to my surprise the card opens on the left side (not the right). Hmmmmm......
I covered the apple cutout with red paper and used my Peachy Keen face stamp. I am in love with my new Gelly pens that I found at Michael's. The only changes I made to this card is I added the Stampin' Up stickable rhinestones to the flower centers and a row under the sentiment. There is also another flower gem in the 4th corner. I can now return this cartridge to my friend Erin with a clear conscience. Tomorrow I hope to make some cards with her Mickey Mouse cartridge and make a few more cuts with my other friends Cricut Decals cart. I have such great Cricuting friends :) Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. It has been so nice to not have the AC on for two days.

    I love Preserves. The apple card with the Peachy Keen face is so imaginative. I never would have though of it, but it is such a great idea! Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.