Followers

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Celebration of Dad's....


Note: I entered this card in the Crazy About Cricut and My Craft Spot challenges this week too :)

Stampin\
Today I came across a new challenge on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Since I am blessed to have my Dad still with me (after a bout with lung cancer, chemo and radiation), I chose to showcase his Father's Day card.Dad will be 70 on his next birthday and I am so grateful to have both my parents. This is the first year I have made my parents their cards for Mother's and Father's Day.

I went Cricut crazy with the Cricut decals cartridge. Since my Dad spent so many years as a suit and tie guy, I thought this was perfect.

Here is the inside of the card. I used a Jolee's sticker I found and "engraved" it. I can't wait for my Dad to get it! 
I also managed to film a video with hubby today. I am so excited about it. It will be rendering most of the night but will be ready to show tomorrow in time for You Had Me @ Craft Made It Myself Mondays

Until tomorrow...

12 comments:

  1. I had a great chuckle on this one! Wonderfully creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card....Love that little guy, he's a cutie ! Thanks for playing along this week with us at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative and fun Father's Day card...perfect for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card you created for your father. Thank you for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ, hope to see you next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I just love your card. I have this cartridge and just have not gotten around to uses it. Thanks for insiring me to dig it out. Thanks also for joining in the challenge at My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Love the suit and tie guy! What a blessing to still have both of your parents with you! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I love the way the tie hangs over the sentiment. Great job with the trophy, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! I really like the trophy on the inside. Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!!

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple card in here but the image is beautiful,Wonderfully creative items for the celebration of Dad's ...
    plastic id cards online
    Plastic Gift Card

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.