Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hurray!!! I can finally post this....

Greetings all and I hope that this blog post finds you well. I have a little confession to make. I was a but late sending my Mom her Mother's Day card (okay it was by 1 day but it was still late LOL). Well it took a bit extra time as I wanted to make the inside as thoughtful as the outside. 

I have been experimenting with new types of cards to broaden my skills and came across this Herringbone card. Well it screamed QUILT! to me the first time I saw it. Since my Mom loves to quilt (and especially applique), I knew I had to make it for her. I cut the strips a 1/4" wide to give it a scrappy quilt feel. Here it is: 


The heart reminded me of applique. The supplies I used are as follows:

- CTMH Blooming Heart (M1049)
- CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut Collection Stamp for sentiment (Z3017)
CTMH Blossom Paper Packet (X7196B)
- CTMH Exclusive Inks! Stamp Pad Black (Z2105)
- CTMH Surecut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer (Z1783)
- Colored pencils

I watched a video on Youtube to get the gist and then went to town. Inside was a note for her that included 3 of the many reasons we love having her as a Mom and Nanny. Mission accomplished as she loved the card and thought to herself it would make a really great quilt design. 

Thanks for stopping by and remember that all orders this month will contribute towards 10% donation to the PS 37 fundraising crop. You can read more about this charitable donation HERE. Off I go to spend time with the kids. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.