Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Her Craft Kre8tions First Ever Blog Hop!





Welcome to Her Craft Kre8tions first ever Blog Hop which we are calling Thinking Outisde the Yoke. Each Design Team Member was given a paper mache egg and were to transform this into something other than what was given to them originally. Our Design Team is to think outside of the "card" and do something other than cards and layouts. What a challenge .... could you meet this challenge?

Check out our incredible creative Design Team . . . .

Let's start with thinking outside of the yoke of our eggs . . . .

HerCraftKre8tionsDesignTeam ~ http://her-craft-kre8tions.blogspot.com/


We wanted to give you the complete list of the Design Team to check out their creativity. Our hops are going to be once a month which is the 2nd of each month. Please leave comments on each of the hops along the way - there is one great prize to be offered to one lucky winner with commenting on each of the stops along the way!!!

Well, we all started with one paper mache egg. I wanted to make a Faberge Egg but that was not really thinking outside the yolk. I was going to make my very own Chia pet and got to work painting the egg (after cutting the top). When I had it upside down the thought came to me in a song. Who remembers the Beatles song "Octopus' Garden"? The lyrics go like this:

"I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus' garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his octopus' garden in the shade"



And this is how Olivia the Octopus was born :) Here she is:


I sprayed tissue paper to make the tentacles. I blinged her up and drew in her face. She looks great in my bamboo plant. Please hop over to see what my fellow crafters have made. Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Your Octopus does look good in the plant. It looks like they belong together. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable octopus! I love the story of how it came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your project turned out so adorable.
    Great Job!
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Olivia the Octopus!! She is fantastic!!
    ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable and I hadn't thought of that song in years.... what a great concept and you most definitely thought outside of the yoke!!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust my dear friend
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.