Followers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I Took the Plunge......

Happy Sunday all!

I have been admiring many mixed media artists, especially Donna Downey. Well, I had a friend come to spend the weekend and she had me look up videos on Faber-Castell's Gelatos. Well, it piqued my interest and I decided to try it out. First we decided to try making a tag. Here is what I made:
I combined a Tim Holtz tag with the Tim Holtz tissue paper and Distress Paint. The red paper was from my scrap pile and the bird was cut a Tim Holtz die we found at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $6.99. The words are cut from my Smash label maker. I decided I need a real label maker because this was a pain and did not stick. I inked the bird with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

Then I moved on to the real project-a 8" x 10" canvas. This was part of a 2 pack from Hobby Lobby for $5. We gesso'd the canvas first (like we did to the tag) and dried it with the Embossing gun. We broke out the Faber-Castell  Gelatos and got busy. Here is the end result:
Do you see more of the Tim Holtz tissue paper there? I used my Cameo Silhouettes for all the die cuts and inked them with my Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks (Sunset & Twilight). I used Pop Dots to give the clouds and hummingbird to give dimension and the flowers are from Spare Parts that I found at Hobby Lobby too. The branch was inked with Tim Holtz distress inks and then I used my fine point brown and grey markers to give it dimension. I just LOVE this! I have a second one planned now too. I am so glad that you came by to share this adventure with me. Until next time....