Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kathy Davis Design Studio Day ~ August 17th

Good day all!

As some of my Facebook friends know, I was blessed to spend the day at Kathy Davis Studios in Horsham, PA with the fabulous Cardmonkey and Friends. Ellen organized a crop at the studio and we received a tour of the inner sanctum where fabulousness is made. I was in awe of the whole tour and Kathy's inspiring story of how it all got started. Well, it gave me a renewed sense of creativity and hope. I purchased some items and set to work. 

Here is some of the pics I took yesterday. I walked up the sidewalk and was not sure what to expect. I new it was going to be great but it was beyond my imagination.
Here is just a small portion of the gallery. The sign on the right says, "Create a Life you Love" and the room with the open door would be my IDEAL work space to creative. The gallery had everything from beautiful dinnerware and tea items to fabric and framed art (canvas too).



Here was the welcome sign to where we were housed for the day.
 Here is the FABULOUS Cardmonkey sharing her time and talents with us for the day. She teaches classes at Kathy Davis Studio and Joann's in PA.
This lovely arrangement kept me company as I got busy with Kathy's papers and embellishments.

And here are the DELICIOUS cupcakes that Star made in honor of Ellen's birthday. I got to bring home cupcakes for the hubby and son. 

I made a card that will be shared tomorrow but wanted to share with you the other two I made as well. Here is the first one:

The card base was made with Close to My Heart's cartridge. The front sentiment is from Kathy Davis Happiness Rub-ons (#1875).The pattern paper is Kathy Davis' Scatter Joy Butterfly's Promise. The brads are from the Kathy Davis Scatter Joy brad set.The stamp is from Get Inky! Stamps (Love Bugs 4x6).

I was so inspired by Kathy Davis canvas and framed prints that I decided to take the Close to My Heart's White Daisy Circle Spin Card and use Kathy Davis Happiness Rub-ons (#1879) to create my own take. The flowers in the center are from Studio 112 and the Layered Sticker is from Creative Imaginations. Here it is:

I hope that you have enjoyed my trip down memory lane and the results of a wonderful day. Come back tomorrow to see my other card combining Kathy Davis' Scatter Joy products and Get Inky! Stamps. Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I am so glad you shared this. I wanted to be there so much. I love your card. It is very pretty. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.