Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Operation Write Home: The Lightbulb went off in my head!

Today is Veteran's Day and I was remembering all who have served this country. That includes my Dad and Grandfather (Navy). This has been weighing on my mind for a few weeks now and today the light bulb went off in my head when I woke up today! Why make Veteran's Day just one day? It can be every week or once a month. 

So..........

I have decided that I am going to organize a local group to join me in person and extend the offer online too. Here is how it will work. I will create an event Monthly on Facebook and post the information on my blog as well. For those not in the area, you can participate by making cards and mailing them to me to collect. For the local peeps, I will open my home for 2-3 hrs and we will make cards using my supplies. There is NO COST to the participants. I feel it is time to give back to those who give of themselves to serve our country. 

As an incentive, I will compile a list of names of all those who participate in the  month and one person (each month) will win a $10 gift card. You can choose from the following retailers:

* Dunkin' Donuts
* Starbucks
* Walmart
* Target

You could also apply the $10 on my Close to My Heart website (suenj.ctmh.com). I hope we can accumulate lots of cards for our servicemen and women. 

Here are the guidelines for cards we can send:

1. No glitter! It can flake off and cause a safety hazard. Please nothing shimmery.
2. A2 sized cards with envelopes are requested. No handmade envelopes.
3. Line cards made with dark cardstock.
4. Limit multiples to five.
5. NO handwritten sentiments

To read the full guidelines, click HERE.

I will be obtaining an Operation Write Home stamp to stamp the back of the cards received. Should you wish to order your own, you can read all about it on the OWH website.

Come back tomorrow for information on the first date. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.