Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Guest Designer Day: Lori of Scrappin My Stress Away

Today we have Lori of ScrappinMyStressAway. She is a woman after my own heart as I LOVE anything Disney. I am so excited to share her project. So without any delay, heeerrrreeee'sssss Lori...
************************************************************************

Hi!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway and I am  the Guest Designer today at Susan's Blog.  This month the theme is My Heart Belongs to _______.  Well, I am slowly making progress on my Disney Vacation layouts and figured why not share my love of Mickey with you!!!
I open my Gypsy Mat to 12x24 to lay out my 2 page design.  I start with Mickey Font and sized the letters to 1.46 inches.  I put a heart on my mat from Plantin Schoolbook sized to 3 inches.  I placed a mickey head from Mickey Font sized at 1.21 inches.  I gouped them together (not welded, just grouped) so the Mickey Head would cut out of the heart.

I made a banner with Peace (from Feeling Groovy sized 1.24) Love (heart from Plantin Schoolbook sized to 1.24) and Mickey Head (sized to 1.24).  I welded them together and then copied a second banner.  The width of the banners is 11.50 each.




I copied the banners and heart onto Layer 2 and cut them out of red card stock.




I copied the heart (minus the Mickey head) and the letters onto Layer 3 and cut them out of black card stock.




I adhered the title to my paper - yellow cardstock with a 3 inch red cardstock & Mickey paper pocket at the bottom of the paper.  I pop-dotted the red heart on top of the black heart.








I put the border on the top of the pages.  I made some photo mats and a 4x6 journaling tag.
I used some scrap paper, twine and the red Mickey from the heart to dress up the journaling tag.




The photos are tucked into the pocket.




I added a little twine and ribbon and some photos of Tanner before we boarded our Disney cruise.








I like my Disney pages simple because the photos tend to be bright and busy.  I really love this layout!  Thanks Susan for having me over today!!

--
Lori~
www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com


Check out Above Rubies Studios for Cricut and Gypsy products!
http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/ap/135.html


Use this code: STMMMS39803 to save $10
************************************************************************
Thanks Lori for being my guest designer today. I love your layout and thanks for sharing your Vacation with us. Please stop by Lori's blog and show her some love...

1 comment:

Comments will appear after approval.