Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet Stamping Treats Dollar Digi Day

Hello to all my wonderful followers and thanks for joining me for Sweet Stamping Treats Dollar Digi Day. You sure do not want to miss this one! This digi allowed me to get my 2nd Christmas card done. I am on a roll for sure. The theme was "Warmth" and what could be warmer than a cup of hot cocoa and some mittens? Here is the card that I made with the stamp:
I decided to go with the Scandinavian type colors for this card. I actually fussy cut the mittens and cup. I colored the digi with Crayola colored pencils and added the "marshmallows" with my white paint pen. The border was punched with my Stampin' Up border punch and the scallop square is a Sizzix die that I bought from the SU rep also. I embossed the white with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and the bling are gems I bought at Michael's. I wanted the sentiment going down the side so I used my blue metallic gel pen to write it in. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will hop over to SST's blog and see what my fellow designers made with the same stamp.Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Love the twine on the mittens! Nicely done
    Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue! I wonder if the Crayola pencils work the same way as the Prisma pencils? If they do, you can use what's called the Gamsol technique to get rid of the friction lines ... get a paper stub or absorbent-tipped thingie (sorry, brain's not working today), dip it into odorless paint thinner and rub it over your penciled surface. This blends the color for you. I do like the Scandinavian look... I've ordered some stamps (I think they are Waltzing Mouse) that feature Scandinavian weaves and mooses (meese?) ... so when you're ready to mass produce this card, give me a holler!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.